Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Surprise! No chicken here!
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups milk (lowfat okay)
- 2 cups water
- Thread pork cubes onto 4" bamboo skewers.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a plate.
- Roll skewered pork in flour mixture.
- Reserve left over flour mixture.
- Brown meat in butter.
- Combine the milk, water, and leftover flour mixture.
- Add to meat.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 1-1 1/2hours.
This is a really good one! I did it the lazy way, I didn't thread the meat on skewers. I just browned the pieces, added the milk mix, and let it simmer for about 2 hours. Tender and delicious! We went all out and had mashed potatoes, and fresh green beans, and dinner rolls. Wow!!, what a meal!! Thank you s'kat
These were very good and moist. All 3 of my kids loved this, next time I have to double the recipe just so I can have some!! I will be making this again.
I grew up in Erie, Pennsylvania and my mom used to make City Chicken once a week but I have never been able to find the recipe and this tasted just like mom used to make. Real good!!!!!! Linda