Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious, fruity and slightly sweet muffins perfect for a Monday morning! Makes jumbo muffins - for regular size, bake 25 minutes at 375F.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 cup all-bran cereal, twigs
- 3⁄4 cup multigrain hot cereal
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup dried kiwi, slices chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and/or like 6 jumbo muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat together egg, sour cream, buttermilk, orange juice and zest, lemon zest, oil, molasses, ginger, vanilla, stevia, bran twigs and 12-grain hot cereal. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in wheat germ, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until just combined, then fold in the dried kiwi.
- Portion into the muffin tin and bake 42 minutes.
- Cool in the tin 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.