Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From All You Magazine March 2008 on their calendar page as the "recipe of the month". I like the use of orange juice and beef broth to make this an easy weeknight meal. Finished within 20-30 minutes. Serve over a nice brown rice for extra flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb top round london broil beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen petite broccoli florets, thawed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- salt and pepper
- Whisk broth, soy sauce, lemon juice and cornstarch together and set aside.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until hot and then add beef, turn heat to high and cook, stirring until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook, stirring until warmed through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium high and then stir in reserved sauce, orange zest and orange juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and/or pepper to your taste.
- Serve over steamed brown rice for extra flavor.
Oh, yum! I served this over steamed white rice for a small dinner party that we had at our home, and it was met with rave reviews. It was so simple to prepare, too. The added broccoli makes it a complete one-pot meal, which was a nice convenience. But the highlight was the wonderful touch of citrus flavor in the sauce, which gave the rice a nice citrus touch. Thanks, HokiesLady. We will enjoy this often, I'm sure. Made for Zaar World Tour #6.
I would give this ten stars if I could! This was so good! I used skirt steak (on sale) and doubled the sauce since I like a lot of sauce on my rice! The amount of orange was perfect, just so that you get little hints of it in every bite! Served over steamed white rice! DH LITERALLY licked the bowl clean! Thanks for a recipe I will make over and over again!
This was a really simple, quick recipe to make, but the flavour was just not there. It fell flat on flavour... The sauce was really quite tasteless, aside from the citrus, it just needs something to beef it up a bit. I have been searching for the perfect stir fry sauce recipe, but this just isn't it.