Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great on a bed of lettuce or in a pita for a cool summer lunch. Good way to use leftover chicken.
- 5 cups cooked and cubed chicken breasts
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well-drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1 cup thin-sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, drained pineapple, drained oranges, celery, onion, and nuts.
- In a seperate small bowl, mix together mayo, sour cream, salt, pepper, and dill weed and blend well. Pour this mixture over salad mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve on bed of lettuce or in pita pockets.
A delicious and easy way to use leftover chicken. The dill provides a nice balance for the sweetness of the fruit and the pecans added the perfect crunch. Used yogurt for the sour cream and pineapple chunks in place of tidbits. This was served on top of chopped Romaine. Definitely a repeat. Thanks for posting.