Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
These are little mouthfuls of joy.
- 1 (14 ounce) package coconut, 5 1/3 cups
- 3 ounces white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites (unbeaten)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons or 2 teaspoons limes or 2 teaspoons orange rind
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix coconut, white chocolate, sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in egg whites (unbeaten), lemon peel and almond extract until well blended.
- Drop by full teaspoons onto lightly greased and flowered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool on wire racks.