Recipe by Normaone
Here is a great recipe that can be used in Martinis, orange juice, lemonade, or straight-up! Choosing a bottle with a wider neck will help in the placing of the citrus peel inside. Enjoy!
Top Review by Pinay0618
I found this in Bon Appetit several years ago when my "grapefruit thing" first kicked in, so I made my first batch with nothing but grapefruit rind. Scandalously addictive, and so easy it's kinda silly to pay all that money for the ready-made.
- 6 slices orange rind, orange part only (2x1/2 inch)
- 6 slices lemons, rind of, yellow part only (2x1/2 inch)
- 6 slices lime peel, green part only (2x1/2 inch)
- 1 wooden skewer (8 inch)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- Fold 1 strip orange peel in half crosswise without breaking and thread onto skewer.
- Repeat with 1 strip each lemon and lime peels.
- Repeat, alternating remaining peels.
- Push skewer through neck of clean bottle.
- Being careful not to break peels.
- A chopstick may help this process.
- Fill 1 empty, clean 750-ml clear bottle with a cork.
- with vodka.
- Cork and chill at least 1 week and up to three weeks before serving.