Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This one is for me! TOH.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup salted cashews
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots and peppers in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and snow peas; stir-fry for 6 minutes. Add green onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir orange juice mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cashews. Serve with rice.
I've tried several veggie stir-fries and I've never been impressed until I tried this recipe. The sauce coated the veggies really nicely. I used green beans, carrots, and bell peppers, and I didn't actually measure out any of the sauce ingredients, but it turned out great. I especially liked the cashews as well. I served it over jasmine rice, and it made an easy and delicious meal.
The sauce was sooo good, and the selection of vegetables was great! The crunch from the cashews was a really nice accent. Thanks for sharing!
My family inhaled this! Made it one night while DH was working, as he's not fond of veggies, but let me tell you what, my boys said, "Oh you have to make this again".... They rate dishes too ;) And this one was wonderful. Thanks for sharing. ~V