Recipe by dicentra
This one is for me! TOH.
Top Review by eeshie820
I've tried several veggie stir-fries and I've never been impressed until I tried this recipe. The sauce coated the veggies really nicely. I used green beans, carrots, and bell peppers, and I didn't actually measure out any of the sauce ingredients, but it turned out great. I especially liked the cashews as well. I served it over jasmine rice, and it made an easy and delicious meal.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup salted cashews
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots and peppers in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and snow peas; stir-fry for 6 minutes. Add green onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir orange juice mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cashews. Serve with rice.