Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a light and flavorful entree that features a trio of tuna, tomatoes and zucchini. The tangy citrus marinade and slices of lime give this dish a burst of flavor. This recipe is from MAGGI. NOTE: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before threading. Prep time does not include 60 minutes of marinate time.
- 1 lb tuna steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 -3 limes, cut lengthwise into halves, each half cut into thin slices
- 6 tablespoons maggi seasoning sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- THREAD tuna, tomatoes, zucchini and lime alternately on skewers placing lime slices on each side of tuna cubes. Place skewers in large dish.
- COMBINE seasoning sauce, lemon juice, oil and basil in small bowl. Reserve 3 tablespoons.
- Pour remaining marinade over prepared skewers. Marinate, turning skewers occasionally, for 60 minutes in refrigerator.
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F Remove skewers from marinade; discard used marinade.
- Bake, brushing with remaining reserved marinade halfway through baking time, for 8
- to 10 minutes or until tuna is of desired doneness.