Recipe by Charlotte J
The colored candy sprinkles make these charming cookies fun to eat. A different cookie to use for cookie exchanges. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons colored sugar sprinkle
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, lemon peel, orange peel, orange juice and lemon extract and mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder; mix.
- Mix in candies by hand.
- Divide dough in half; then shape each into a long roll about 8 inches long.
- Place on wax paper and flatten sides into a triangle shape.
- Wrap in the wax paper and chill 2 hours.
- Cut 1/4-inch slices.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.