Recipe by ellie_
Wonderful for sore throat or coming down with the flu days. I think this can be kept warm in a crockpot and also is easy to increase servings. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 1987)
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is good. I made it because citrus is good to relieve headaches! I used all freshly squeezed juices, unpasteurised creamed honey (which still is probably heated to filter sadly, ie not the same as raw) and did not garnish. Cloves are an antiseptic. I would make this again the same way.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 whole cloves
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 4 lime slices, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring water and cloves to a simmer, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/3 cup honey, stirring to dissolve.
- Stir in juices.
- Cover and heat through but do not boil.
- Taste and stir in additional honey, if desired.
- Ladle into 4 mugs, garnishing with lime slices.