Recipe by ChrisMc
Teriyaki salmon is a traditional Japanese dish - this recipe adds some citrus tang to it. I've also made this recipe substituting pink grapefruit juice cocktail for some of the orange juice (about 2/3 cup orange, 1/3 cup grapefruit). Last time I made this, I served it with Julesong's Brown Rice with Onions and Pecans and edamame (soybeans boiled in the shell). Prep time includes marinating time
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 salmon steaks or 4 fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice, ginger, onion, teriyaki, lime juice, and garlic, and mix well.
- Marinate salmon in mixture for at least 3 hours.
- Grill or broil salmon.
- While salmon is cooking, strain solids from the remaining marinade, and heat in a small saucepan.
- Bring the marinade to a boil and cook 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon and serve.