Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've become fond of tea-based punch, and this one sounds wonderful with or without the vodka! Hubby says rum. Why not? :) I'll be trying this when I'm spring cleaning. (Minus the vodka? LOL!) From Fine Cooking magazine.
- 3 ounces fresh spearmint (2 bunches)
- 2 large cold brew tea bags, such as Lipton (for iced tea)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from 4 to 6 medium lemons)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (from about 4 medium oranges)
- 1 cup vodka (optional)
- lemon slice, and
- orange slice (to garnish)
- Put the mint in a large heatproof pitcher and pour in 6 cups boiling water. Add the tea bags and let steep for 30 minutes. Remove the tea bags, strain out the mint, and stir in the sugar and juices.
- Let cool to room temperature and add the vodka (if using). Refrigerate until cold. Stir before serving. Serve over ice, garnished with the sliced lemon.
I never had a tea punch before and I must say this is quite a delight. Refreshing with a tang of the orange and the brightness of the mint. I used 6 regular bags of tea, 4 black pekoe and 2 green tea, plus mint picked fresh from the garden. I think this will be just as great on a cold winter evening sitting by the fire. Delightful and thank you chef. Made for ZWT 2011
This was so refreshing on the 95*F. day! I really enjoyed sipping on it throughout the day. Thanks! Made for ZWT 2011-South America.