Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I tried this one on DH this weekend, he polished off more than half the tart! Serve it warm or cold with whipped cream. I used the peel of lemons, oranges and Satsumas, but any combination of citrus fruits can be used, or otherwise just lemon.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 citrus fruits, grated peel of
- 350 g caster sugar
- 6 extra large eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- 300 ml lemon juice
- 300 g unsalted butter
- Mix together the crust ingredients and press into a pie dish.
- Prick with a fork and bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, place all the inggredients, except the butter, into a pot over low heat.
- Beat until sugar has dissolved.
- Add half the butter and beat until dissolved.
- Add the rest of the butter and stir until the mixture is very thick.
- Pour into baked crust and bake a further 8 to 10 minutes at 180°C.