Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've adapted this recipe to be fat-reduced, so you can eat more!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 150 g low-fat margarine
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice (or combined) or 2⁄3 cup lemon juice (or combined) or 2⁄3 cup lime juice (or combined)
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 5 eggs
- Sift flour and sugar together.
- Rub in the dairy spread until a breadcrumb-like texture is made.
- Add the yolk, water and vanilla.
- Roll into a ball, and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Roll the pastry out to fit a greased 25 cm flan tin.
- Blind bake for 10 to 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 200°C.
- Remove from oven to cool.
- To make the filling, whisk the sugar, juice and evaporated milk together.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Pour into cooled pastry case.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.