Recipe by FLKeysJen
This sweet sauce is served at The Grit Vegetarian Restaurant in Athens, Georgia over pressed, sauteed and seasoned tofu, sauteed red bell peppers, onions and green beans or sugar snap peas and thick canton noodles. They use Sriracha brand hot sauce. From The Grit Cookbook.
Top Review by Sharon123
I made this up to go with salmon and it was delicious! I did play with it a little, adding some hoisin sauce and spicy brown sauce to give it a little more body. Thanks for a yummy sauce for my fish! Made for the Asian forum -Sauces!
- 2 1⁄2 cups orange juice (preferably fresh-squeezed)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce (or more, if you want this dish to be at all spicy...see review by Amanda in Oz)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a two quart saucepan, combine all ingredients except cornstarch and water; place over medium high heat and stir occasionally until mixture begins to simmer.
- Blend cornstarch into water and add to sauce.
- Bring to a full boil, stirring often, for at least one minute or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve over the vegetables, noodles and protein of your choice.