Recipe by YummySmellsca
Adapted from Leena Eats (http://www.leenaeats.com/blog/recipes/leena-cooks/leena-cooks-n-cans-blood-orange-port-mar/) who adapted it from p. 78 Complete Book of Small-Bath Preserving by Topp & Howard, this combines 5 different varieties of citrus with ginger and sweetened red wine to make a tangy and exotic spread for your morning toast! Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 navel orange
- 1 cara cara orange
- 1 blood orange
- 1 tangelo
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch slice fresh ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Zest and juice oranges, tangelo and lemon into a large saucepan.
- Add ginger slice, water, wine and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then cover and boil 30 minutes. Remove ginger slice.
- Stir in the sugar, bring back to a boil and cook uncovered until mixture forms a gel, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and ladle into hot jars.
- Process for 10 minutes in a hot water bath.