Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
You can make this a more fattening version if you like and you can also use any flavor of gelatin.
Make and share this Citrus Striped Angel Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free orange gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cups thawed, frozen light whipped topping
- 1 orange (optional)
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries (optional)
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- pour batter into lightly greased rectangular baking dish or rectangular cake pan, spreading evenly.
- bake on center rack in oven 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and cracks feel dry and not sticky.
- (Cake should be firm to touch; do not underbake.) Cool cake for 45 minutes.
- Poke hole in in the top of cake using a fork or a metal skewer (holes should be about 1-1/2 inches deep and 1/2 inch apart.) Place gelatin in small bowl.
- Pour bowling water into gelatin; stir until gelatin is disolved.
- stir in cold water.
- Slowly pour gelatin evenly over cake.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Frost cake with whipped topping.
- Cut into squares using a serrated bread knife.
- Garnish each serving with orange slice, orange zest, raspberries and mint leaves, if desired.