Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A flavorful melody that's super quick and easy (as long as you can find Rainbow trout[or whatever fish you like] and the quinoa). I used Mrs. Dash to add some kick. I you can't find it, you can add some chilli powder and cayenne pepper. If you don't like spicy, skip the Mrs. Dash, maybe add some thyme, marjoram and rosemary for a twist provençale.
- 1 lb rainbow trout
- 1 vidalia onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mrs. dash southwest chipotle seasoning
- 6 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In the 2 tsp evoo, sauté the onions and peppers until onions are caramelized.
- In sauce pan, combine lemon juice, beef broth, seasoning and quinoa. Bring to boil, cover, and let boil for 8 minutes.
- While that's boiling, on a cookie sheet, place aluminum foil twice the length of it and make a shallow lip. Cover bottom in 4 tsp of evoo.
- Place fish skin down on foil.
- Mix vegetables into the quinoa and pour mixture over fish. The quinoa will still be soupy.
- Arrange the lemon and limes over top.
- Fold over the foil and pinch the sides closed, making an airtight pouch.
- Place in oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven but let pouch set closed for another 5 to 10 minutes before opening it.
I had fish and tri color quinoa to use, so tried this. The flavor was great- never thought to but beef and lemon together. But I couldn't make a "packet" with how much quinoa and boiled liquid there was. It was just too much stuff, too hot to handle. I had to just fold everything in and hope for the best, and I still ended up with a lot of liquid in the end. A tight cover on a casserole dish might have worked better for me. Also, the photo is not fair. LOL You must have sat there and separated everything out. My final look was a mountain of veggie infused quinoa, and maybe a fish under there if you can find it. :)