1/1 Photo of Citrus Steamed Trout With Quinoa Pilaf
A flavorful melody that's super quick and easy (as long as you can find Rainbow trout[or whatever fish you like] and the quinoa). I used Mrs. Dash to add some kick. I you can't find it, you can add some chilli powder and cayenne pepper. If you don't like spicy, skip the Mrs. Dash, maybe add some thyme, marjoram and rosemary for a twist provençale.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In the 2 tsp evoo, sauté the onions and peppers until onions are caramelized.
- 3In sauce pan, combine lemon juice, beef broth, seasoning and quinoa. Bring to boil, cover, and let boil for 8 minutes.
- 4While that's boiling, on a cookie sheet, place aluminum foil twice the length of it and make a shallow lip. Cover bottom in 4 tsp of evoo.
- 5Place fish skin down on foil.
- 6Mix vegetables into the quinoa and pour mixture over fish. The quinoa will still be soupy.
- 7Arrange the lemon and limes over top.
- 8Fold over the foil and pinch the sides closed, making an airtight pouch.
- 9Place in oven for 8 minutes.
- 10Remove pan from oven but let pouch set closed for another 5 to 10 minutes before opening it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Steamed Trout With Quinoa Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.2
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 1103.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
southwest chipotle seasoning