Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Traditional Swiss Steak with an oriental flair
Make and share this Citrus Steak recipe from Food.com.
- Cut swiss steak, onions and green bell pepper into strips.
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- add swiss steak, onions, green bell pepper and Mushrooms.
- Cover and Cook until steak is fully cooked.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce, Dry vermouth, lemon juice, and black pepper.
- cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add Manderine oranges and cook until they separate in dish.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
This was an excellent recipe for a one dish meal, and I made only one small change in procedure. I sliced the meat first and then set it aside with one tablespoon of the worcestershire mixed with 1/8 teasoon of corn starch. The rest of the prep work and procedure followed as written except that I splashed the second tablespoon of worcestshire sauce on the dish after it had been plated. Thank You Derek for a great lunch, and I look forward to many more.