Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Run out of sports drink? Here's a recipe that's nearly indistinguishable from store-bought ones.
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice, preferably pulp-free
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 7 cups cold water, preferably filtered
- In a glass pitcher or jug combine sugar and salt. Pour in boiling water;stir to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Add orange juice,lemon juice,and cold water;stir to mix. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week. Stir before serving.
- Makes 8 (one-cup) servings.
- For a lime version,omit orange juice,increase lemon juice by 2 tablespoons,and add 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice.