Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am fairly sure this is from the Orange producers site but I won't promise.
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 -3 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 slices turkey bacon, chopped or 2 slices vegetarian bacon, substitute
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded orange rind
- 1 cup florida orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3 florida oranges, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 1⁄2 of a medium sweet oranges, cut thin bite-size strips (optional)
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut thin bite-size strips (optional)
- In a large salad bowl combine spinach, mushrooms, tomato, and onions; set aside.
- In a 12" skillet or a Dutch oven cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon; drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Wipe out skillet with a paper towel. If using vegetarian bacon this step differs. You might need to add a bit of oil and wipe. In a bowl combine cornstarch, orange peel, orange juice, garlic salt, and black pepper; add to skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Add spinach mixture. Toss until coated.
- If desired, return salad to heat and toss 30 to 60 seconds more or until slightly wilted. Return mixture to salad bowl; toss in bacon, oranges, and pepper strips.