Cooking Light, JULY 2004
Make and share this Citrus Spiked Jicama and Carrot Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups jicama, julienne-cut peeled (about 1 pound, 1 1/2-inch)
- 2 cups carrots, julienne-cut (1 1/2-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl, and toss gently to coat.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro just before serving. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.