Recipe by mersaydees
From Cathy Luchetti’s book, The Hot Flash Cookbook. The recipe intro says, “Chard is strong in flavor, rich in vitamin A and magnesium, and a tasty base for a sprinkling of sesame seeds.” The ingredients in the book call for “steamed rice or cooked pasta for serving” but that is not food.com-friendly! So, please be advised that you’ll want to serve this over your carb of choice; mine is shiratake noodles.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swiss chard, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and 1 teaspoon of minced lemon pulp
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds, toasted as described below
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast sesame seeds: heat a dry skillet over high heat. Pour the seeds into the hot pan, shaking to turn. Toast for 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly brown. Set aside.
- Boil water in a covered steamer or saucepan. Add greens and steam until just wilted, about 2 minutes. To preserve their bright color, immediately drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Serve over rice or pasta and garnish the sesame seeds and lemon pulp.