Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
On my quest for a simple tapioca dessert that didn't involve milk, eggs, or sugar, I finally decided to concoct this.It can be drunk bubble-tea style or you can lower de amount of water to make it thicker, more pudding or jelly-ish.
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons pearl tapioca
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Tia Maria (optional)
- Bring water to a boil; add tapioca pearls, cardamom, cloves, and honey. Stirring frequently, simmer on low heat until tapioca is cooked through, about 20 minutes (it should be clear and puffed). Remove cardamom and cloves.
- Stir in orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, and Tia Maria (if using). Serve chilled.