Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Food Network cookbook "Making it Easy."
Make and share this Citrus-Spiced Mixed Olives recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 orange, zest of, peeled in long strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1 lemon, zest of, peeled in long strips with a vegetable peeler
- 12 ounces mixed olives, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Put the olive oil, garlic, red pepper, herbs, and citrus zests in a medium skillet. Heat over medium-high heat, swirling the pan until the mixture is fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the olives, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is golden and the zest begins to curl, about 5 minutes more. Discard and remove bay leaves, if using. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Glossy, plump, and gorgeous, our Citrus-Spiced Mixed Olives are primo party starters. Toss 'em together, then leave them out while you mingle with your guests.