Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Citrus-Spiced Blueberry Jam recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped fresh blueberries
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated orange zest
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope liquid fruit pectin
- Wash 4 half-pint jars. Keep hot until needed. Prepare lids as manufacturer directs.
- Combine the blueberries, sugar, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest in a large, nonaluminum pot. Bring to a full, rolling boil over high heat and boil hard for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the pectin.
- For long-term storage at room temperature, ladle hot jam into 1 hot jar at a time, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Wipe jar rim with a clean, damp cloth. Attach lid. Fill and close remaining jars. Process in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes (for 15 minutes at 1,000 to 6,000 feet; for 20 minutes above 6,000 feet).
- For storage in refrigerator or freezer, place in plastic freezer containers or glass jars, cover with tight-fitting lids and refrigerate or freeze.