Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious base for all kinds of drinks! Place chopped pineapple or lemon along with some mint in a glass. Muddle (mash), add citrus spice syrup, top with club soda or/and drink of choice. For a party, put out bowls of blueberries, chopped kiwi and mangoes, strawberries, etc. Have fun! Adapted from Bon Appetit magazine( May 2006)
- 473.18 ml water
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 2 oranges, zest of, cut in strips
- 1 lemon, zest of, cut in strips
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Bring ingredients to a boil on medium high heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cover. Let steep about 1 hour.
- Strain the syrup into a small pitcher; discard the solids in a strainer.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until cold, about 3 hours.
- May be made up to a week ahead. Keep chilled.
Absolutely wonderful! Lovely blend of flavours. Tried it with iced tea and we loved it. I am definitely going to make a fruit salad with it later this evening (and maybe even try it with vanilla ice-cream!!!) I didn't discard the rinds, I've saved them to make tea-cake! Thank you, Sharon, for sharing this wonderful recipe, definitely will be making it again!