Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken, pork or shrimp. From www.RachaelRayShow.com.
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup tamari
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil, peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken or 1 lb pork or 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb pea pods, halved on angle
- 1 small bunch of thin scallion, thinly sliced on an angle in 2 inch pieces, whites and greens
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil and add pasta. Salt water and cook pasta to al dente. Prepare all ingredients and pile them near the stove top. Mix together the stock, tamari, ginger, orange marmalade, black pepper and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Once pasta is dropped, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. When oil smokes add meat and stir fry 1-2 minutes then add vegetables and stir fry 3 minutes more, add sauce, toss with pasta.