Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light....For an irresistible appetizer, prepare this recipe with two pounds of chicken drummettes instead of drumsticks. Serve the rest of the bottle of sake with the meal.
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup sake (rice wine)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (chopped)
- Combine chicken, ginger, and salt in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken, and cook for 6 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Add sake and next 4 ingredients (through lemon juice); cook 1 minute.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Bring sauce to a boil. Cook until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes).
- Return chicken to pan, turning to coat. Sprinkle green onions over chicken.