Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from a Kiwi cookbook
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 150 g butter, cut in to cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups caster sugar
- 2 grated lemons, rind of
- 2 grated oranges, rind of
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Spray a 20x30 cm slice tin with non stick spray and line with baking paper.
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a food processor and mix until the pastry clumps around the blade.
- Press this mixture into the prepared tin and bake 15 minutes until dry and golden brown.
- Without washing the food processor , whiz the eggs, caster sugar and lemon and orange rind until really frothy.
- Add the juices and flour and pulse to just combine.
- Carefully pour over the hot base and return to the oven for 35-40 minutes, until topping is set.
- Let cool and dust with sifted icing sugar.