Recipe by marileamills
I usually use baby spinach in this recipe. Nice for a light lunch during the summertime.
Top Review by Lee S
Excellent. I sautÃ©ed a pound of decent sized raw shrimp (25-30/lb)in one T EVO and one T butter and garlic and crushed red pepper to taste for about 3 or 4 minutes then sliced each in half and topped the salad with the shrimp pieces. Then the honey mustard dressing. Left off the pecans - forgot them - was still delicious. Will definitely make again, this time with the pecans. The flavors of the orange, the slightly sweet/tart tast of the dressing and the shrimp all melded togethr beautifully. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups torn lettuce leaves
- 3 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 large oranges, peeled,sectioned,and chopped
- 1 lb small shrimp, cooked,peeled,and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup toasted pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, honey, orange juice, and vinegar; cover and refrigerate.
- Either on a large serving platter or on individual salad plates, layer in the following order: lettuce leaves, spinach, onion slices, cucumber slices, orange pieces, and shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (I season as I layer).
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Drizzle with honey mustard mixture.