Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I usually use baby spinach in this recipe. Nice for a light lunch during the summertime.
Make and share this Citrus Shrimp and Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups torn lettuce leaves
- 3 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 large oranges, peeled,sectioned,and chopped
- 1 lb small shrimp, cooked,peeled,and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup toasted pecan pieces
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, honey, orange juice, and vinegar; cover and refrigerate.
- Either on a large serving platter or on individual salad plates, layer in the following order: lettuce leaves, spinach, onion slices, cucumber slices, orange pieces, and shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (I season as I layer).
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Drizzle with honey mustard mixture.
Excellent. I sautÃ©ed a pound of decent sized raw shrimp (25-30/lb)in one T EVO and one T butter and garlic and crushed red pepper to taste for about 3 or 4 minutes then sliced each in half and topped the salad with the shrimp pieces. Then the honey mustard dressing. Left off the pecans - forgot them - was still delicious. Will definitely make again, this time with the pecans. The flavors of the orange, the slightly sweet/tart tast of the dressing and the shrimp all melded togethr beautifully. Thanks for the recipe.
Easy. Very tasty. Enjoyed the dressing.
This recipe was quick, flavorful, and low cal. Just what I was looking for. Hubby and I both loved it. Will make again.