This is refreshing, colorful, pasta salad that is low calorie and heart healthy. Want to turn this salad into a main course? Just add some cooked shrimp, chicken, or pork.
- 226.79 g whole wheat spaghetti, broken in half
- 354.88 ml snow peas, snapped in half
- 1 small summer squash, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 236.59 ml carrot, shredded
- 236.59 ml bok choy, shredded
- 44.37 ml toasted sesame seeds
- orange section (to garnish)
- 59.14 ml fresh orange juice
- 29.58 ml honey
- 19.71 ml white wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml toasted sesame oil
- 0.59 ml kosher salt
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to he package directions and drain it. Immediately rinse the pasta under cold running water and drain it again.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, snow peas, summer squash, carrots, and bok choy.
- to make the dressing, combine the orange juice, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, and salt in a small bowl and vigorously whisk the mixture. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking all the while.
- Pour enough dressing over the pasta and vegetables to coat them lightly, then toss them again. Just before serving, top the salad with orange sections and a sprinkling of toasted seasme seeds.
I made this recipe for the Comfort Cafe July 2009 - Sunshine State of Mind. This dish is light, refreshing, and perfect for 100 degree days! I chilled it for just a little bit for more enjoyment.