Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Kick your chicken up a notch! From Florida's Natural Growers.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 3 teaspoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine juices, 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning and cumin.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip chicken in juice, coat both sides with flour.
- Cook 5 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to serving plate and keep warm.
- Stir remaining flour into oil in skillet, then remaining juice, bell peppers, olives and honey.
- Cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with chicken.
- Makes 4 servings.
Sorry to say, I was a bit disappointed by this recipe. I guess maybe my expectations were too high. I thought it might be kind of exotic and even a tad decadent. It's sort of pretty to look at and probably pretty healthy, but I found the flavor to be just a bit odd. I did make it exactly as written, using Penzeys "Jerk - Chicken & Fish" seasoning. My chicken breast halves were pretty large so I needed to cook them for twice as long in order to get them cooked through. Maybe others will like this more than I did, but I personally found the results just okay at best.
Oh my this recipe was absolutely Yummy !!! So quick to put together and fast to cook. The jerk seasonings really give it a nice kick. If you don't like spice then cut back a bit on this, but I loved it. The flavors of the juices with the cumin and jerk were really intriguingly good. I will be keeping this one to make again. This recipe would work well too with some thinly cut beef or shrimps. Thanks for sharing this great recipe Sharon. Made in memory of Sharon's DH