Recipe by Sharon123
Kick your chicken up a notch! From Florida's Natural Growers.
Top Review by spooty3
Sorry to say, I was a bit disappointed by this recipe. I guess maybe my expectations were too high. I thought it might be kind of exotic and even a tad decadent. It's sort of pretty to look at and probably pretty healthy, but I found the flavor to be just a bit odd. I did make it exactly as written, using Penzeys "Jerk - Chicken & Fish" seasoning. My chicken breast halves were pretty large so I needed to cook them for twice as long in order to get them cooked through. Maybe others will like this more than I did, but I personally found the results just okay at best.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 3 teaspoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine juices, 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning and cumin.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip chicken in juice, coat both sides with flour.
- Cook 5 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to serving plate and keep warm.
- Stir remaining flour into oil in skillet, then remaining juice, bell peppers, olives and honey.
- Cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with chicken.
- Makes 4 servings.