Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The wine shop I work for recently had a Sangria party for our customers. This was one of the recipes we used. It is best to allow this to sit overnight (add ice just before serving) but if you're in a rush it will still be good to drink right away.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water (chilled)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle merlot (chilled)
- 0.5 (750 ml) bottle ruby port (chilled)
- 2 oranges, sliced (chilled)
- 2 limes, sliced (chilled)
- 1 cup pineapple chunk (chilled)
- Dissolve sugar in water.
- Combine the sugar mixture with wine, port, orange and lime slices and pineapple cubes in a large glass, ceramic or stainless-steel container.
- Add ice before serving.
We made this up for a party recently. It was very colourful with all the fruit but a bit strong for our tastes, so we added a carton of cranberry juice to make it more quaffable. It wasn't long before the pitcher disappeared!