Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect Chicken for fajitas!!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pineapple salsa (Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar orange marmalade (sugar free)
- Put all ingredients in a gallon size ziploc bag.
- Flatten contents in closed ziploc bag and freeze.
- Take out the chicken the and defrost in refrigerator on the day of desired use.
- Once thawed, cut chicken into strips.
- Saute chicken for 6 minutes on each side.
- Use as filling for fajitas and enjoy!
Made this as part of PAC Spring 2008. Quite good! I did it a bit differently though in that this wasn't previously frozen. I marinated the chicken (half skinless boneless breasts not strips) for about 3 hours before cooking in a foil lined pan in a 375 oven. They took only about 20 minutes that way and the flavor was wonderful. Served this with brussell sprouts and basmati rice. Also, the salsa was my homemade Peach Salsa with a can of drained pineapple bits tossed in as I couldn't find pineapple salsa for the life of me. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks!
Fabulous flavor! I made two changes: 1. I didn't freeze mine - instead, I put the chicken in the maninade and set it in the refrigerator overnight. 2. I grilled the chicken breasts whole, then slice once cooked. This was the first time we have used our grill for the season and we were so pleased. The flavor of the pineapple salsa (excellent - from Trader Joe's salsa & chip aisle) and orange marmalade really shined. This was a simple and tasty chicken recipe. Thank you! Made for the Spring Pick A Chef event.