Prep 20 mins
Cook 46 mins
Based on a recipe from a McCormick Spices for Health pamphlet extoling the power of super spices as natural antioxidants. This recipe covers both baking or grilling the salmon. Cook time includes 30 minutes marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- MARINATE SALMON:.
- Add orange juice, oil and 1 teaspoon of thyme to small bowl and mix well.
- Place salmon in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade and turn to coat salmon. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.
- ORANGE RELISH:.
- Add all relish ingredients to bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- FINISH SALMON:.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the brown sugar, paprika, remaining ½ teaspoon thyme and salt in small bowl.
- Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade.
- Rub paprika mixture onto salmon, covering completely.
- Place salmon on foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake salmon 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Or grill salmon over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve salmon with Orange Relish.
Really great preparation for the salmon! The marinade and relish are so light and refreshing. I used the grill option and omitted the salt (personal preference). Thanks for sharing & for adopting me for PAC spring '10!