Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from a McCormick Spices for Health pamphlet extoling the power of super spices as natural antioxidants. This recipe covers both baking or grilling the salmon. Cook time includes 30 minutes marinating time.
Top Review by Starrynews
Really great preparation for the salmon! The marinade and relish are so light and refreshing. I used the grill option and omitted the salt (personal preference). Thanks for sharing & for adopting me for PAC spring '10!
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- MARINATE SALMON:.
- Add orange juice, oil and 1 teaspoon of thyme to small bowl and mix well.
- Place salmon in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade and turn to coat salmon. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.
- ORANGE RELISH:.
- Add all relish ingredients to bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- FINISH SALMON:.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the brown sugar, paprika, remaining ½ teaspoon thyme and salt in small bowl.
- Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade.
- Rub paprika mixture onto salmon, covering completely.
- Place salmon on foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake salmon 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Or grill salmon over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve salmon with Orange Relish.