Recipe by carolinafan
You can prepare this salad a few hours before but to prevent the avocado from browning add it just before serving.
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1⁄2 lb smoked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
PEANUT BUTTER DRESSING
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup freshly brewed tea, room temperature, plus
- 2 tablespoons freshly brewed tea, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare salad soak red onion and radishes in cold water. Drain just before tossing with other salad ingredients.
- Place all salad ingredients, except peanuts, in large bowl. Gently toss with dressing. Divide salad among 4 serving plates; garnish with peanuts and serve immediately.
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Stir until mixture is blended and smooth.