Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Found another recipe for the use of all the citrus in our neighborhood. This is so refreshing, it is a perfect brunch salad to go with an egg dish or on it's own. You may want to pith the fruit the night before as it can be a little time consuming, but the fruit keeps well. I used the dried cranberries, because I had them on hand, but the pomegranate seeds are probably more colorful. Medical Alert: Grapefruit can interact negatively with some medications, check with your pharmacist or doctor.
- 2 white grapefruits
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 6 large navel oranges
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄4 cup dried cherries or 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Cut peel and white pith from grapefruits and oranges. Cut between membranes to release segments. Combine fruit in large shallow bowl. (Fruit can be segmented 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Place mint and sugar in processor or blender. Using on/off turns, blend until mint is finely chopped, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
- Just before serving, sprinkle mint sugar and pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries/cherries over fruit; serve.
How delightful! I liked especially the mint sugar, could think of a lot of other uses for it, too.