Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe by Mark Rosenstein of The Market Place Restaurant in Ashville, NC.
- 4 clementines
- 4 tangerines
- 4 blood oranges
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 1 lime
- 6 kumquats
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup lemongrass, chopped (1 stalk)
- 2 medium kefir fresh lime leaves
- 4 tablespoons almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint
- Peel citrus, remove white pith and section the fruit, catching the juice and squeezing out the juice from the membranes.
- Pick out all the seeds. Set aside 3/4 cup of the juice for the "dressing."
- Thinly slice the kumquats and pick out the seeds. Add to the citrus sections.
- Refrigerate the citrus.
- In a stainless saucepan, combine lemon juice, reserved citrus juice, lemongrass and kefir lime leaves.
- Bring to a boil, immediately remove from heat, set aside, allow to infuse for 30 minutes, strain. Refrigerate.
- To serve: Divide the sections among four serving dishes, spoon over 2 tablespoons of dressing, garnish with toasted almonds and fine chiffonade of mint.