Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great breakfast salad! This recipe calls for Greek yogurt, which is actually drained yogurt, and has a luxurious texture similar to that of sour cream. If you cannot find Greek yogurt, simply spoon 1 qt of plain yogurt into a colander lined with cheesecloth. Place the colander in a large bowl and let drain in the refrigerator overnight. I know the amount of crystallized ginger seems like a lot, but it isn't. It makes this dish!!!
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled
- 2 large tangerines, peeled
- 3 oranges, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) container Greek yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup crystallized ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- dried cranberries, for garnish
- Break or cut grapefruit and tangerines into sections.
- Cut grapefruit sections into thirds and cut tangerine sections in half.
- Transfer grapefruit, tangerines and their juices to a deep serving bowl.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut all peel and white pith from oranges.
- Slice oranges into 1/4-inch thick rounds, then cut slices into quarters.
- Add oranges and all juices to bowl or grapefruit and tangerines.
- Mix in 1/2 cup dried cranberries, honey, and cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Mix yogurt and ginger in a bowl. Both fruit and yogurt can be made 1 day ahead; cover separately and chill.
- Spoon yogurt over fruit. You can do this in the serving bowl, or in individual dishes.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and a few more dried cranberries.