Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another great dressing/marinade from Good Seasons, using their Italian Salad Dressing Mix. They recommend it atop a salad with chicken, fruit and nuts or as a marinade for asparagus, shrimp or chicken. Super fast and easy!!!
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packet Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Shake together all ingredients and place in refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- If using as a salad dressing, allow dressing to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes then shake just before pouring over salad greens.
- If using as a marinade, place meat/seafood/veggies into a Ziplock bag, shake marinade and pour into the bag and close it up to allow the items to marinate.
This dressing goes together quickly and makes a delicious dressing for a salad of mixed greens, strawberries, toasted pecans and feta cheese. Made for ZWT 5
So quick, so easy, and so delcious! I used bottled orange juice (all I had on hand) and substituted Madarin rind for orange and added parsley (as I had left over chopped on hand), but everthing else as per recipe, although I used a different variety of salad dressing mix (wasn't sure of the brand here in Oz !) DS thought it was absolutely terrific, and went so well with the salad, and believe me, he is a connoisseur of salad dressings!!!! He loves his salads and dressings! The rest of us really enjoyed this dressing over the salad, which I added some mandarin too, just to carry through the citrus taste! Great dressing JanuaryBride, I have been commanded to make thids dressing again by DS. And I am sure there will no complaints from the rest of the family either! Thanks a keeper here!
Have been on the lookout for good tasting citrus dressing & this one might just be the one from now on (but then I'm a fickle chef!) ~ Made enough to use over a salad as well as a marinade for some chicken breasts, & it was GREAT both ways! I added just a bit more of the juice & zest from the orange than called for, but then we really enjoy things orange! Thanks for A WONDERFUL KEEPER! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegan swapmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap #7]