Recipe by English_Rose
This fruity salad is ideal for summer time barbecue and complements lamb and grilled fish perfectly.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
I can't believe I forgot to review this recipe. This was so simple to prepare and the flavors were just delicious. The salad was at its best after letting is set a bit so the citrus juices were released and mingled with the crushed herbs. I added some extra citrus (both orange and grapefruit) because I like the way those flavors mix with fennel. Next time I think I will adjust the cumin and corriander so there is just a wee bit less of the former and more of the latter. Thank you for this wonderful addition to my collection of fennel recipes.
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented, with all pith removed and reserving any juices
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented, with all pith removed and reserving any juices
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the segments and juice of the orange and grapefruit to a bowl.
- Add the fennel to the fruit and mix together and set aside.
- Dry-fry the coriander and cumin seeds to release their aromas and crush to a coarse powder in a pestle and mortar or food processor.
- Mix the crushed seeds into the salad.