Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A family favorite. I always use chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken, 4-6 of them is about right. The recipe calls for 2 oranges, but I usually only need one.
- Grate 1 Tbs of peel and squeeze 3 Tbs juice from the oranges.
- Grate 1 Tbs of peel and squeeze 3 Tbs juice from the lemons.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, combine peels, juices, sage, oil, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover and chill 2 hours; turning 3-4 times. Do not exceed time or chicken will be mushy.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cook 20 minute Turn and cook 10-15 min until juices run clear.
- Place in large serving dish and garnish.
Children and adults alike loved this recipe!
Delicious! DH commented on it twice as we ate. And so easy to make (it only took one lemon and 1 orange to get the correct amounts of zest and juice). Despite the warning about mushy chicken I think I'd marinate it longer next time. My new, young sage plant wasn't quite ready to give up 1/4 cup of leaves yet so I subbed in about 1/3 of the amount in pineapple sage -- the flavor blended into the citrus perfectly.