1/1 Photo of Citrus-Rubbed Whole Duck
2 hrs 15 mins
From Emeril Lagasse, this is a great duck recipe. The citrus aroma fills the kitchen while it's cooking. The skin is crisp, and the duck is moist and tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Zest oranges and lemons and chop zest finely.
- 3Squeeze juice from oranges and lemons.
- 4In a small bowl combine zest, juice, pepper and salt.
- 5Rub duck, inside and out, with all of the citrus-pepper mixture.
- 6In a roasting pan set duck on a vertical roaster and cook about 2 1/2 hours, or until well-browned and crispy.
- 7Let rest, loosely covered with foil, 10 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus-Rubbed Whole Duck
Serving Size: 1 (709 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3149.2
- Calories from Fat 2684
- Total Fat 298.2 g
- Saturated Fat 100.1 g
- Cholesterol 575.0 mg
- Sodium 5132.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 89.7 g