Recipe by Blain
Not sure where I got this recipe originally, but I really loved it. The name on the copy of the recipe I had was "Derrick Riches" Great Recipe, thanks Derrick! This is the recipe for JUST the rub... for cooking the turkey I reccomend using the rub and then either using a brown bag or an oven bag (both work great.) I prefer the brown bag method. To do this simply take a brown bag and using a stick of butter coat the inside of the bag. Place the turkey inside, put the whole thing into a glass caserole dish or a roaster large enough to hold it.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary leaf
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and run until well blended.
- If not using immediately put in airtight container and refrigerate.
- When ready to put on Turkey rub the paste onto the surface and try to get some in the other nooks and crannies like under this skin as well (if your turkey still has skin that is).