This recipe is from Australian chef and restaurateur Bill Granger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 50 g butter, bit less than 1/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 small red chilies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 20 green prawns, shelled, tails intact, deveined
- 1Place the stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat; reduce heat and keep at simmering point.
- 2Place a large heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat and add the olive oil, onion, salt, and half the butter; stir until the onions are translucent, add the rice and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the rice is well coated.
- 3Gradually add all the simmering stock, a cupful at a time, stirring constantly and making sure the stock is absorbed before you add more; this should take 20 minutes and the rice should be al dente and creamy.
- 4Remove the saucepan from the heat, and then stir in the remaining butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper to taste; cover the saucepan and let sit for 3 minutes for the flavours to develop.
- 5Meanwhile, pound the chilli and garlic in a mortar and pestle; place the extra olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat and heat until hot.
- 6Season the prawns with salt and pepper, cook for 2 minutes, shaking the pan, until the prawns are just opaque then add the chilli and garlic and cook for 1 minute; remove from the heat and set aside.
- 7Stir the risotto and divide between four bowls; toss the prawns with the parsley then place on top of the risotto, serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Risotto With Garlic Chilli Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.6
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 1392.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of