Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful punch that can be made ahead in the summer, wonderful with a shot of vodka, but it really isn't at all necessary.
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (or bottled)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- In saucepan, bring granulated sugar, water, lemon and orange rinds and lemon and orange juices to boil Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let syrup cool completely (can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks in a tight sealing container) To make the punch: In a LARGE pitcher or puchbowl mix syrup and 8 cups cold water, with 4 cups of ice.
- Add a sliced lemon and orange for decoration.
I LOVE this stuff! It has a mild citrus flavor and is just so refreshing. Thanks much for posting this easy and delicious recipe!