Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A healthier version of the old favorite.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin or 2 cups cooked canned pumpkin, , pureed
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- To Make Crust-------.
- Combine crust ingredients and press into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Set Aside.
- To Make Filling-------.
- Beat together pumpkin, yogurt, orange juice, sugars and eggs.
- Add salt, spices and orange zest and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into pastry lined pie pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes; lower temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
The orange juice does go very well with the pumpkin and the yougurt does add moistness to the pie! I loved it very much, and found the ground walnuts was a nice addition the crust.
This is an EXCELLENT ORANGE flavored pie! Just don't expect it to be traditional pumpkin pie and you'll love it. I used fresh OJ and orange zest and this pie was more orangey flavored than any other dessert I've made! I LOVE that the crust uses whole wheat flour and walnuts...I also added a tsp of orange zest to it...and I used Enova oil. For the filling I used canned pumpkin, 2T Splenda brown sugar blend and subbed Splenda granular for the granulated sugar. I baked it in an 8x8 square baking pan and cut it into squares. *I had to bake it an extra 15 minutes. When eaten with Cool Whip Lite it reminded me of an orange creamsicle. YUM! Made for the Please Review game.