Happy Hippie's Note:
Posted for ZWT 6 -- Germany
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 2x1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 1In a small bowl combine cumin, salt and pepper.
- 2Add pork; toss to coat.
- 3In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 4Add the pork and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes or until browned.
- 5In a small bowl blend the broth, orange juice, vinegar, and brown sugar. Reserve 1/4 cup of the broth mixture.
- 6Pour all but the reserved broth mixture into the skillet with the pork and garlic. Add the carrots. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Cook 7-8 minutes.
- 7Blend corn starch into reserved broth mixture.
- 8Stirring constantly, pour the corn starch mixture into the skillet to thicken the sauce.
- 9Add the green onions. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 more minute.
- 10Toss with the boiled and drained noodles. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Pork and Egg Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.6 mg
- Sodium 547.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 21.4 g