Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for ZWT 6 -- Germany
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 2x1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles, cooked, drained
- In a small bowl combine cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add pork; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the pork and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes or until browned.
- In a small bowl blend the broth, orange juice, vinegar, and brown sugar. Reserve 1/4 cup of the broth mixture.
- Pour all but the reserved broth mixture into the skillet with the pork and garlic. Add the carrots. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Cook 7-8 minutes.
- Blend corn starch into reserved broth mixture.
- Stirring constantly, pour the corn starch mixture into the skillet to thicken the sauce.
- Add the green onions. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 more minute.
- Toss with the boiled and drained noodles. Serve immediately.